Monday, November 27, 2006

Memory lane

Spent a weekend in London visiting an old friend who I first lived with when I moved out of home nearly a decade ago. Took photos of some of the things which remind me of this distinct period in my life and I thought I would share these with you...


Here is one of my favourite London builings - Tower 42 or the NatWest Tower as it is often known



This is the first place I lived in Camberwell when I moved out of home with friend Albert. I think it was the second flat along in the middle. It was a nice flat until the man above's washing machine flooded and our wall went mouldy. Also someone got shot outside on New Year's Day which didn't exactly endear me to the place. Handy for the city though but not so handy for Battersea, where I worked. We moved from here after about 2/3 months I think, up the hill towards Peckham



This is the Salvation Army building on Denmark Hill in Camberwell which I love. I used to walk past it a lot and couldn't stop staring at it. It is so imposing and encapsulates everything I love in a building. I think I even prefer this to the Tate Modern



This is Fin King Aquatics at Elephant and Castle. I always used to laugh at the name whenever we went past. It tickled me and I don't really know why. It is a shame that we never actually went in to look at the fish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home