Monday, July 16, 2007

Cornish Cowgirl's Cornish Adventure

Usually my holidays consist of trying to cram as much sight-seeing in as possible but this trip was different. Yes we did sight-seeing things but we also had two days lazing on the beach and I was very pleased to have the opportunity to read several books from my 'to read' pile.

Our luxury accommodation


Maenport beach


St Ives in the sunshine


The waves at St Ives attracted lots of surfers


The Tate gallery at St Ives - what a stunning building!


A delicious lunch at the Tate in St Ives. The Cornish Blue cheese was so dreamy that I had to bring some home with me


Barbara Hepworth's sculpture garden in St Ives


More sculptures


A nice B&B in St Ives with parking for a boat


Amy gives the pasty shop her 'thumbs up'


A baby cow at Roskilly's dairy farm. This one was only a few weeks old


A Roskilly calf takes a fancy to my hair and rips out a clump to chew on


A proper Cornish cream tea


Swanpool beach


Two groups of school kids at Swanpool make rafts and one of them falls apart


The Eden Project


Land rain at the Eden Project ... LAND TRAIN!


The Eden Project again


Where we belong

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess Sarah said...

Ah, you look so happy. It looks a really lovely place. I'm glad you had a nice time, even if you were a bit homesick.

I am particularly enjoying your face as the cow chews your hair, the Cornish Cottage and the land train. LAND TRAIN!

12:57 pm  
Blogger Princess Sarah said...

Can't believe I forgot to mention the cream tea. CREEEEEEM TEEEEEEEEEE!

12:58 pm  
Blogger Pobol Pobotrol said...

I looks so beautiful, we must remember to copy your holiday next year. I'm really glad that you got some cheese at last because I was beginning to worry about her.

I hope your hair didn't suffer too badly. Will the hair turn into milk eventually? Or hair cream - ho ho!

I laughed at the substandard raft misfortune.

Is that a bio-fuel tractor at the Eden Project? It doesn't look very green to me.

You are brilliant!

11:21 pm  
Blogger Martha said...

Would you believe it is bio-fuel and it was a lot less smelly than you would expect. Hurrah!

Shame you were not with us. I think you would have appreciated the special people in St Austell Asda. .There were lots of beards and pipes and interesting hats. They frightened Simon's mum!

You are brilliant too!

1:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home