Monday, December 11, 2006

From one musical extreme to the other...

A weekend of music, very different music!



On Friday night we went to see DJ Shadow at the UEA which was a great night with a really good atmosphere. I only knew three or four tunes but had a great time. Couldn't really see much of his projections as the venue was so packed and we were near the back but it didn't spoil the enjoyment. I did have a dance but most of the stuff he played was more suited to head-nodding than jumping around.



Last night, in contrast, we went to see the Glenn MIller Orchestra at the Norwich Theatre Royal. It has been a long time since I saw a band like this and had forgotten how much I enjoy the big band sound. Favourite solos were from the clarinet, soprano sax (which was bent at the end and not straight) and the cornet. Superb! We were also treated to some Fred and Ginger style ballroom dancing and a guest appearance from Joan Reagan. I had never heard of her but all the oldies had and she must have been in her late 80s. Here is a photo I have found of her and Terry Thomas!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home