Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The wolves are running...

The countdown to Christmas has officially begun as I have started the annual ritual of Christmas viewing. Among the various Christmas films, one thing I have watched every Christmas since I can remember is the dramatisation of John Masefield's Box of Delights.

The six-part series was originally aired in 1984 with the last episode being shown on Christmas Eve. Shortly after we bought the BBC videos in Ely and my brother and I watched them every year until I left home. I carried on the tradition on my own and roped my husband into watching them too.
The story follows the exploits of a young boy, Kay Harker, who finds himself drawn into a world of magic and danger when he encounters an old Punch and Judy man.





1 Comments:

Blogger Stray said...

For some reason, this progamme makes me feel really sick. Like, switch it off or pass the bucket.

Wait.

I'm having a flashback.

I went to school with a boy who's father was the producer? director? floor manager ... something. He once puked in assembly. Very near me.

Glad you enjoyed it tho'

Sx

2:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home